I am a creative and highly experienced media researcher, specialising in picture research, art direction and media research, with a background and BA (Hons) degree in photography. I source, clear and commission photos, videos and audio content for any project, small business and for publishing clients.
My strong project management skills enable delivery of high-quality media research for any project. I have a proven track record of commissioning creative assets and sourcing the best media possible within time and budget for picture agencies, independent businesses, greetings card and publishers.
I have over 24 years’ experience in liaising effectively with picture agencies, production companies, freelancers, suppliers and photographers — all of whom I now have as contacts.
Using a picture researcher can save your project money by ensuring all images are cleared for correct use with limited risk, within time and budget.
Using a media researcher is an easy way of commissioning clips for use in marketing or in products and can speed up the process of obtaining the right clips while ensuring any third-party rights are cleared for use.
Using an art director can ensure you have creative assets suitable for use in marketing or in products, and take away the stress of getting the right images specifically for your project.
- Fantastic organisational skills to keep your project to deadline and budget
- Excellent skills negotiating license fees from sources worldwide
- Excellent knowledge of copyright law to enable me to clear assets (photo, video or audio) for any project
- Extensive contacts with picture agencies worldwide, photographers, production companies and other freelancers
- Over 24 years’ experience in the photographic industry working in picture agencies, in retail and educational publishing, and with photographers
- Excellent experience of the educational market and a strong understanding of the type of assets required in educational products and marketing
- Good knowledge of all social media platforms
- Up to date knowledge of the Industry by attending Footage Market Place, Fotofringe and BAPLA Focus, the annual events for Image and Footage buyers
- Member of the Picture Research Association (PRA)
Credit image/Fotolia/Minerva Studio